Broken Window

A home owner from Michigan says:
One of our CertainTeed windows installed in 1998 has broke. The window will not stay up, we have a piece of wood in place to hold it up.
I attached 4 pictures, hopefully you will be able to tell me what part I need.

Thank you,
Kathryn
Pivot bar and shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The pivot bar at the bottom of the sash is broken. I need you to remove the bottom sash (with a good bottom pivot bar), and show me different angles with some dimensions of the good pivot bar.
A home owner from MI says:
Ok, I will do that as soon as possible. Thank you, Katie
A quick learner from Michigan says:
Both of the pivot bars are broke. I have taken a picture of them. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you, Katie
Pivot bars
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have the older style of Certainteed pivot bars, which have been replaced with a newer style, the 26-175. They should fit into your 15-192 pivot shoe, but double check the measurements to be sure.
A quick learner says:
Paul, It looks like it will work. I have ordered them. Thank you so much for your help. Katie
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.