Broken Window Pulley for Vinyl Double Pane

A handy person from Mount Laurel, NJ says:
I've attached photos of a broken window pulley that needs to be replaced. The pulley broke in two pieces and was attached to a spring that is found on under an aluminum channel on the side of the window. The pulley appears to be gray nylon with a white nylon double roller inside.

This is from an original white vinyl double pane window that was installed when the house was built new in 1999. I do not know what brand the window are as there are no markings or stamps that I can find.

I need to order two of these pulleys. We are putting the house up for sale and need to make repair as quickly as possible.

Thanks, Mark
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mark, thanks for posting. Unfortunately, these pulleys cannot be replaced. You will have to replace the entire channel balance.

I'd be happy to help you find which balance you need, but I'll need more information. If at all possible, could I see some pictures of an undamaged balance, perhaps the other one in that same window? I'd like to see pictures of either end of the metal channel, as well as the hook found at the end of the string. I will also need to know the channel length and any numbers that are printed on it. Let me know!
A quick learner from Mt. Laurel, NJ says:
Tom:

Sorry it took me a while to respond back, but thanks for your direction. I finally pulled out the track and here's what I got:

Length of Channel: 35"
Length of Sprint: 18"
Track Location: Left side of window, facing window from inside house

Secured by a single wood screw at to of track.

I've attached photos of broken track I removed, closeups of pulley/hook and photos of bottom of good track mechanism.

Hopefully this will be enough for you to order this for me. I am selling this house and closing on 6/28, so I need to this part as soon as possible.

There are absolutely no numbers printed on the channel or any of the parts. I can't find any brand marked on the window.

To clarify: Spring is 18" long, Channel is 35" end to end.

Mark
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! These pictures are just what we need. Check out our S770-35 channel balance. I think this is pretty close to what you have, but compare it to your hardware and tell me if you agree. I also think that pivot shoe looks similar to our 15-129, but it's hard to tell while it's still installed.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.