SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken balance 22b with unique end piece

A home owner from Medina OH says:
I have window balance broken on the right side. I am looking to replace it. I have looked in your online catalog and cannot find an end piece that looks like what I am looking for. The balance has "DB F02 22B" stamped on it and is 22" long. Attached are some photos of the left piece that is working and I am looking for the right side balance.

Thank you,
Wilfrid
User submitted photos of channel balance with 22b stamp.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Wilfrid!

Unfortunately, I'm having a little trouble identifying exactly what your balance might be. Is it possible for you to submit a new image of the top of your balance? It looks like it might be an S hook, but I'm not quite sure.
A home owner from Medina says:
Paul,

It is S hook. Attached are more pictures. Thanks.

Wilfrid
A customer submitted photo of channel balance ends.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you.

Please take a look at our S770-22 balance with a 22B option. Also take a look at our 19-029 Short S-Clip.
A home owner from Medina, OH says:
I check the S777-22 picture and it has a small white piece on the top looks like a plastic . How do I attach the S-clip 19-029 to it. Do I need to remove the white piece. My old one has a cross pin so the clip can attach over the pin. Please advise. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Yes, you will have to remove the white piece. It should be able to just pop out by using a screw driver as a wedge and a light tap of a hammer. Then, using a 62-005 Rivet, you must very gently hammer in the 19-029 S-Clip into the second rivet hole. I must stress doing it carefully, as there is a risk of bending the channel if you use too much force.

If you do, though, it's not irreparable. You would just then need to adjust the channel with a pair of pliers.
A home owner from Medina says:
Paul,

I want to express my sincere thanks for your help. I ordered the parts you suggested and they came in and working perfectly. You really saving me a lot. I have spent over three weeks looking for the part from local stores but non of them can help me. When I find your site , it really help. Keep up the good work. Have a wonderful season holiday.

Wilfrid
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)