SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken casement crank shoes

A home owner from Milwaukee says:
Hello:
We have a double casement window operated by a couple of handsome brass cranks. Unfortunately the shoe that travels down the track on the left window has lost its shoe, without which the crank doesn't work. I don't have much hope in finding a replacement shoe. Maybe if I search hard i may find a replacement crank? Or maybe you would have a better suggestion
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Your operators are quite old. They do look very well built, but I don't think you'll find an exact match these days. Take a look at our 39-020 and 390-021 operators and see if you can adapt these to your window. You would also need a new track, perhaps our 39-504 or 39-520. Let me know your thoughts.
A home owner from Milwaukee says:
Thanks, Tom. There is a slight chance I can locate someone who can braze a replacement shoe on the operator. However, if that's not successful it looks like 39-020 and -1 are the way to go. I would need track also. as you suggest, but I note that 39-504 and 39-520 do not have precisely the same dimensions. Which would be correct?
Ian
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Great! Glad to hear you can work something out. For these tracks, both are compatible with the operators I recommended, so it would depend on which you think would work best on your sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)