SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken handle on iside of storm door mechanism

A quick learner says:
I need a replacement for my inside latch. It measures 2 3/8 x 1 3/16. The holes are 1 3/4 center to center. I think from what I see #40-185 looks like it might work. Please advise. Thanks Ted Janssen
User submitted photos of storm door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ted. This looks a lot like our 40-185. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A quick learner from Ohio says:
I think so. The spindle pushes into the hole in the silver cylinder in the back to rlease the inside latch and a key turns the spindle in the silver cylinder to operate the lock. The dimensions aren't exact but close. Does the 40-185 operate the same as my broken one? Does shipping really take 14 days?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
What you described is how most locks operate, so I can't really guarantee that the 40-185 will work for you. Your best bet is to carefully compare the specs we show online to your own hardware and see how well they compare.

As for shipping time, check out our Shipping Policy for more detailed information on how we get your parts out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)