SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken inside door handle

A quick learner from Jamestown, RI says:
The handle on one of my sliders broke off. The intact handle looks like image 1708, the broken door handle is image 1710, 1706 and 1709 (measurement). It looks like "Legacy Keyed Handle Set" but the width of the door (inside to outside) is 2 inches, not 1 5/8. So I'm not sure what part I need to order.

I assume I need the whole set, not just the inside handle. How difficult is it to install, (I am a home owner, do a lot of work around the house, and am a fairly quick learner)

Thanks for your help.

Carol Crafts
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 2" thickness is a little unusual. Normally, patio sliding doors are not that thick. You could order the 82-074 handle for a 1-5/8" thick door, along with the 82-310 key cylinder to replace the key cylinder that comes with is. You could then cut that key cylinder spindle to size. Also, if you don't need the key on the outside of the door, consider our 82-035 handle which comes with handles and inside latch only.
A quick learner from Jamestown, RI says:
Thanks. I think my best bet is the 82-074. I assume I can use just the parts I need from that. I don't really need a key since it's on the second floor and not easily accessible, so it's never locked. - Carol
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)