Broken latch on my Cole-Sewell storm door

A home owner from Storn Door latches says:
I have a Cole-Sewell storm door, about 18 years old. They are out of business and I cannot find a replacement part. The interior latch has broken, and I would like to keep the exterior hardware. In the attached pictures, I have the exterior hardware and interior hardware. The white interior piece has broken, such that the latch does not hold to the white block. In the picture (IMG-3742.jpg) with my hand holding a white ring, that piece broke off of the latch, and cannot be fixed (re-attached).

Do you have a replacement piece that would fit where the white interior handle currently fits? And align with the exterior handle?

The white block has mounting holes that are 1 3/4 inches apart, with the center hole midpoint between them. The white block is 3/4 inch thick, which is important, in that it aligns with the latch on the door frame.
User submitted photo of their Cole-Sewell storm door handle set.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your patience. We are currently researching possible replacement handles and will post an update as soon as more information becomes available.
A home owner from Plymouth, Mn says:
I have the same problem. I need a inside latch for my Cole Sewall storm door
A home owner from st paul mn says:
I also need a handle for my cole sewell storm door
A contractor from Columbus OH says:
I have a customer who needs one also. Its been two weeks Mike. Do you have one or not.
A home owner from Western North Carolina says:
I have the same Cole Sewell door, urgently need an inside latch or replacement set. If you can find a solution to this problem, you will make quite a few people happy!
A home owner from Plainview, NY says:
I am also looking to replace the handle on my Cole Sewell storm door.
A handy person from Connecticut says:
I also need a replacement handle for a Cole Sewell storm door, any help would be greatly appreciated.
A home owner from Bangor, Maine says:
I have the same problem. Door is fine but need the inside latch or a complete replacement.
A home owner from Minnesota says:
I also have the same door and need replacement handle
A home owner from wallingford PA 19086 says:
i have a cole sewell storm door put in @1990, the door handle is broken , i would like to buy a replacement handle . i founnd the registration # on the inside of the screen door. 09240296042, will you help me locate a new handle thank you my name is steve
A home owner from New Jersey says:
I have a Cole Sewell storm door and I need a handle for it.
A quick learner from Grand Rapids, MI says:
I have a sand colored Cole Sewell storm door. I called Pella for a replacement screen and they do not have sand. Only green, tan or brown. The handles they have are different and will require new holes drilled.
A home owner from kansas city says:
I have the same door handle in the picture above but I need a complete replacement set. Any luck identifying a replacement?
A home owner from Michigan says:
Has anyone found a replacement handle yet? I also have the same handle and need a replacement set.
A quick learner from Roseville says:
Same problem here. Anybody find a solution?
A quick learner from Long Island NY says:
I have the same problem; Any solutions
A home owner from long island n.y. says:
are you still working on finding a replacement for this handle set I have the same problem the inside metal broke. However mine is brass outside and a dark bronze inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A home owner from NJ says:
I have the exact same problem, the door itself is still in great shape. Does anyone have a solution?
I also have the same problem.
A home owner from NJ says:
Have the same problem. Been looking for a replacement for weeks now. Has anyone found something to replace this handle with? The big box store replacements are cheap and don't fit right. Looking for something good.
A home owner from Williamsburg, VA says:
I post the initial question last year - any update or solution or options for this?

We appreciate your help (seems like several folks have the same problem)!

Jim
A home owner from Va Beach VA says:
my Storm Cole and Sewell locked up.. Do you have extra parts? Reg.# 01100094548-0314 or can you suggest something...
Thank you
A quick learner from Louisville, KY says:
I have the same broken cole-sewell door latch as pictured. Has anyone found a suitable replacement storm door handle?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you all for your patience in this matter. While we have not yet found an exact replacement for the Cole Sewell Storm Door Handle, we do have a suggestion that may work for some of you.

Please take a look at our 40-160 Premium Lever Lock Set. Measures 1-3/4" from installation screw hole center to screw hole center, and it is made for doors that are 1" to 2-1/8" thick. Would this work for anyone? We look forward to hearing your feedback!
I ordered 40-152 from SWISCO a couple weeks ago, since only the interior handle on our Cole Sewell door was broken. The deadbolt, and the door panel itself are fine, and we really like the door. The 40-152 lined up perfectly with the holes in the door, and now that it is installed, we find we prefer the lever handle to the original exterior rotating handle. NOTE: We did have to shim the interior catch for the latch, but it's working out great! Thank you!
A quick learner says:
I recently purchased the SWISCO 40-057, and it was the exact replacement for our thumb latch handle set for our Cole-Sewell Storm Door- I can't believe I found this! Thank you for the dimensions on your website!

Nancy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's great news, Nancy! Thanks for getting back to us with that information. Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments.
A home owner from Philadelphia says:
I have the exact handle pictured and I'm looking for the best replacement that will fit without having to drill new holes in the door. Can anyone post pictures of the handles they used to replace the old cole sewell handles? thanks!
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
40-057 : Thumb Latch Deadbolt Handle Set, 1-3/4
40-057
Price: $24.45
Thumb Latch Deadbolt Handle Set, 1-3
40-152 : Pull Handle Set, 1-3/4
40-152
Price: $29.95
Pull Handle Set, 1-3/4"
40-160 : Premium Keyed Lever Lock Set
40-160
Price: $47.45
Premium Keyed Lever Lock Set