SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken lock

A home owner from Boalsburg, PA says:
Good Morning.

We are trying to replace a broken handle on our sliding glass door because the lock is broken. Please see attached the best images I could take.

Here is the info on the door:

PPG Herculite K
Ansi Z-97
1-1972 3/16" U
Tempered Safety Glass

and over to the right hand side it has numbers that are hard to make out. But it looks like either 111372 or 111272
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If the inside mortise lock is all that's broken, then check out our 82-218 and see if this matches up to your existing hardware.
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul, it is actually the locking mechanism on the handle itself, the pin broke but I'm not able to find just the part and think I have to replace the handles.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I believe you are looking for the thumb lever. Would you happen to have the broken one handy? I would like to see pictures of it. In the meantime, you can browse through our Locking Handle Repair Parts Section and see if anything here is a match.
A home owner from Boalsburg, PA says:
Here are a couple pictures of the broken thumb lever
User submitted photos of a thumb latch.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, thank you. These images are a huge help. I've seen this type of thumb lock before, but it is no longer made. We do not have a replacement for it. If you do use the 82-218 mortise lock, then you may be able to use our 82-106. However, I cannot be sure if it will work in your handle. Carefully examine it and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)