SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken pins

A quick learner says:
Hi Jodi,

Attached are pictures of my replacement window parts. The pin is broken, I actually have two windows with broken pins. The windows are, "Alside Windows", Centurion style and purchased in 2004.

Do you have replacement parts and can you walk me through how to repair my windows?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Sharon. Start by looking at either our 26-226 or 26-352 pivot bars. Carefully compare our pictures and dimensions to your own hardware to confirm a match.

To replace this hardware, first tilt the sash in and twist it to release it from the pivot shoes. Then it's simply a matter of unscrewing the old pivot bar and screwing the new one back in.
A quick learner says:
Hi --

I have a similar situation: one sash with two broken pivot bars. But the broken ends inside the sash don't want to come out. I tried spraying some WD-40 into the opening. They moved a little bit more, but still stuck. The opening is too narrow to get them with needle nosed pliers. Any other suggestions for removing them?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Carl. Try knocking them in further. The sash is usually hollow so they can go in as far as you need to install new ones in the space left.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)