Broken pivot bar for Oran window

A quick learner from USA says:
I am looking for this pivot bar to replace a broken one from our Oran windows. Oran has gone out of business. Harvey windows sells this exact same one but unfortunately only sells to Harvey customers.

I found some letters from people on your website, that were looking for this same one and you recommended the 26-164 to replace it, and one of the customers said it fit perfectly.

One question though. On the second schematic drawing for the 26-164 you are showing the end view of the notched end of the bar. On your drawing the notched piece sits off centre from left to right, which is the same as mine, but it also sits right at the top (from top to bottom) whereas my notched piece sits centre.

Will this create a problem when installed do you know? Otherwise the dimensions seem right on.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good question! I see what you mean. I don't think this will cause a problem. I've heard of many customer use our 26-164 as a replacement for your original part, so I can't imagine they ever ran into this as an issue.
A quick learner from Grimsby, Ontario says:
Thanks Paul. Good to hear that so many customers have had luck with this part. I'll give it a shot, as the alternative of replacing the whole window seems awfully drastic!! Can you tell me if you can use slider slicker on vinyl window track or is it just for metal?
Profile picture of Paul
My pleasure! For your window you may want to consider a silicone spray. This is a good lubricant that does not gather any dust.
Thanks for the prompt reply and the info Paul!Have a good day!
Just wanted to let you know that I repaired my Oran window with the Harvey 26-164 and it worked like a charm. So happy, now my son's window stays open!! So glad you had a part that worked for us!! Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you. If you need anything else, feel free to ask.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.