SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken pivot bars

A landlord from 23237 says:
MFR: SIL-1 series 1000 DH. I found out I have 5 windows in a tenants house where if the locks are undone the top sash falls down like its not hooked to the spring mechanism. I believe its related to pivot bars broken or falling out.

Recently I had a couple of windows out (not the ones that are broke) and found that the pivot bars fell out, since they were short like 1 inch on one side and 1/2 inch other side of a small T. I just slipped them back into window (no screws) and managed to put them back in place.

Is it possible to get window out without breaking pivot bars?? Since I have someone moving in is there repairman in this area that would know what they are doing to efficiently fix all 5 without me scratching my head with tenant over my shoulder?

I don't have one in front of me but 26-412 looks very close. Looks like they were snapped off inside the window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 26-412 tilt bar has been used for Silverline Series 1000 window. You shouldn't have to break them to remove the sash, though. Check out the video below, which shows how we remove this kind of sash from the frame. You should be able to just tilt it in and twist it out.
I am not familiar with your area so I am not able to recommend a handy person, though I don't think it's necessary. You should be able to remove the sashes on your own.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)