Failure of old plastic top cap, need info

A quick learner from Jacksonville FL says:
My channel balances are popping up due to what appears to be failure of the plastic top cap.

I am interested in information needed and guidance available to help me choose the correct replacement part
Specifically can I replace only the plastic top cap....or does the entire unit need to be replaced

...information regarding installation, safety and qualified local repair services would also be helpful

Eric
A customer submitted photo of a broken top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks like a piece broken off of a top sash guide. Can you please provide whatever dimensions you can? Seeing a picture of a whole guide--if available--would help, too.
A quick learner says:
i had included a 2nd image showing the channel balance sticking up. do i need to remove entire thing from the window. could you send some info to know how to do that?

Eric
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You can see a detailed video on how to remove your channel balance on our Installing and Removing Channel Balances Guide.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.