SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Failure of old plastic top cap, need info

A quick learner from Jacksonville FL says:
My channel balances are popping up due to what appears to be failure of the plastic top cap.

I am interested in information needed and guidance available to help me choose the correct replacement part
Specifically can I replace only the plastic top cap....or does the entire unit need to be replaced

...information regarding installation, safety and qualified local repair services would also be helpful

Eric
A customer submitted photo of a broken top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks like a piece broken off of a top sash guide. Can you please provide whatever dimensions you can? Seeing a picture of a whole guide--if available--would help, too.
A quick learner says:
i had included a 2nd image showing the channel balance sticking up. do i need to remove entire thing from the window. could you send some info to know how to do that?

Eric
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can see a detailed video on how to remove your channel balance on our Installing and Removing Channel Balances Guide.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)