SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken window lock

A quick learner from CLarksville, OH says:
I am with the Clarksville United Methodist church in Clarksville Ohio ---we have a handful of windows installed in our basement
User submitted photos of a window lock.
CertainTeed
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! I am confident we can replace this lock for you, but we will need a bit more information. We likely don't have an exact match, but we do carry a wide array of potential substitutes. You can browse through that section to get an idea of what might work.

To start out, please tell me the distance between the installation holes. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not their edges. I will also need to know the hole offset; this measurement is the distance between the hole and the back, glass-facing edge of the lock. Once again, you'll want to make sure to measure from the center of the hole.

Once we have that information, we can recommend a match!
A quick learner from Clarksville says:
the length between the screw holes is about 1-7/8" from the center of one hole to the next...

The distance from the glass to the hole is 1/4"

Is this the information that you need?
Thanks, Nancy
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We do carry some locks similar to yours that also have a 1-7/8" hole spacing, but the holes are set back more than the one you show in your photo. See our 90-261 and 90-271 to start. The 90-161 has a 2-1/16" hole spacing, but you may be able to get it to work if you redrill the installation holes in the sash. See what you think.
A quick learner from Clarksville says:
I need the keeper part are you saying you have a keeper part that would match up to the one we have that has the spacing of 1-7/8"
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for clarifying. We did not know that you needed just the keeper. Unfortunately, neither your lock nor keeper are available any longer. You will need to find an applicable substitute in either case. The closest keeper we have is our 90-279, but it will require you to drill new holes, as Dave touched on. It will also not work with your old lock, so you may need to replace that, as well. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)