SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bronze (color) Jalousie window crank L.H.

A contractor from South Florida says:
1 L.H.
Pat# D-198,202 U.S.
RD. 1963 Can

Looking for 2-3 of these in left and right hand.
Pleas help

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Kevin. Check out our 39-025 & 39-026 and see if either of these could work as possible replacements.
A contractor from S. Florida says:
Very close. Only problem is the little arm that connects the crank to the window you show as 2-1/4" is actually 2-3/8". Is there a model like that?

And I noticed the hole that connects the window section is 1/4"X20 threaded. I looked around at closely related cranks but the 2 you picked were the closest. Will that 1/8" difference impact to operation of the window closing / opening? Let me know.Thanks for the quick response.

I look forward to hearing from you. Kevin
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm. Yours may be closer to our 39-007, though that link arm measures 2-1/2". To be honest, I've used the 39-007 in place of the 39-025 & 39-026 before without any issues.
A contractor from SFL says:
I did see that thank you. But I need it in Bronze. Is it available?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately we only have the 39-007 in white at this time, though we could get it made up in mill, if that would be preferable.
A contractor from SFL says:
Can you please confirm the length of the arm that attaches to the window hardware that has the 1/4"x20 opening at the one end. I will order "IF" that matches mine. I can paint the handles to match - that's not a big deal. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No problem! The link arm has a length of 2-1/2", hinge-center to hole-center.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)