SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bubble Seals for Architectural Traditions windows

A home owner from Montana says:
We are replacing some of the weather stripping on our Architectural Traditions windows and are looking for the same weather stripping that they used. It appears to me that the product #58-053 in the bronze is the correct product for the sill, head and jambs. However the weather stripping around the frame of the window looks different. It is 3/8" wide, bronze in color, has foam inside and appears to be attached to a hard plastic or metal strip that inserts into the frame. Also, on the Architectural Traditions doors frame there is a weather stripping that is 1/2" wide, bronze in color and foam filled. My 3 questions are: 1. Is the 58-083 the product that Architectural Traditions uses for the Sill, head and Jam on their casement windows? 2. Do you have the bronze colored product for the casement window frame described above? 3. Do you carry the bronze colored weather stripping described for Architectural Traditions door Jams?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I am not familiar with your brand of windows. However, SWISCO carries an assortment of weather stripping for wood windows and doors with wood jambs. Take a look at 58-055, 58-163, 58-056.
A quick learner from Ohio says:

I am replacing the bubble seals on my wooden windows. I see you carry the 5/16 58-053. What I am looking for is the same style (not angle) push in type but in 3/16. Do you carry that, if not what would be your suggestions.

Thank you in advance.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
To clarify, you're looking for a bubble seal with the bubble portion diameter measuring 3/16" in diameter, correct? And you stated the shape is similar to the Swisco 58-053 Bubble Seal.

To get started, take a look at the 58-135.

You can always take a few photos of your existing seal and upload them so we can take a look and help you identify possible replacements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)