SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bubble weather stripping

A quick learner from Fort Worth, Texas says:
Is the price per 25 foot roll? Is it for windows? I have Certainteed windows and need to replace damaged weather stripping on the casement windows. Their weather stripping is foam/sponge filled bubble- with a ridged piece that slides into a slot on the window edge.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
If you have a foam filled bubble weather stripping you may need our product code number 58-170. Click here to view this Foam Filled Weatherseal
A quick learner from Fort Worth says:
What is the price for bubble weather stripping-- is the product priced by the foot or by the roll?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
For product code 58-053 the price is per 25 foot increment.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
Will this work on sliding glass doors or is another product better?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It is hard to say. The 58-053 weather stripping seal was designed to be used in a wood frame application. Do you have a wood door or an aluminum patio door? Take a look throughout all the weatherstripping on SWISCO.com, there is a wide range of door and window weatherstripping. You can also send us a picture.
A quick learner from Batavia, Ohio says:
I have Louisiana Pacific double hung wood windows made in 1992 and need to replace the weatherstripping that seals the two sashes. Will this work for these windows? They presently have a bubble type weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You will need to remove the existing weather stripping from your Louisiana Pacific window and match it up the dimensions found in the product picture of the 58-053.
A handy person from Huntington Beach, Ca. says:
Do you have a larger size?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Currently, this is the only size available for the 58-053 bubble seal, but take a look through the weatherstripping catalog section for other styles and sizes that may work in your application.
A contractor from Wisconsin says:
Can this weatherstrip be used on 1989 pella casements???
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sorry, I could not find a definite weatherstripping used on Pella casement windows in 1989. You will need to match up the dimensions of your current weatherstripping to the dimensions on the product images on SWISCO's Web site.
A home owner from illinois says:
I have ROW windows installed in 1987. The windows are wood triple pane. very good shape but the weatherstrip is so deteriorated I can't tell if this is the correct bubble type replacement. Any help would be appreciated.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not familiar with the manufacturer ROW. Is there any weatherstrip remaining to send us a picture of the profile? If you could, send us a picture so that we can take a look for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)