SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bug flap & wool pile identification

A home owner from USA says:
I HAVE REYNOLDS WINDOWS SCREENS. MY PROBLEM IS THE RUBBER STRIPE THAT RUNS ALONE THE TOP IS DRY HARD FROM THE SUN AND WEATHER. THIS STRIPE KEEPS OUT THE BUGS AND WATER FROM GETTING INTO THE HOUSE.I FOUND REPLACEMENT WINDOW SCREEN BUG FLAP 59-050 AND WHITE WOOL PILE 3/16X5/32 58-001 . ARE THESE THE PARTS I`M LOOKING FOR? THANK YOU, RAY
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot say if our 58-001 and 59-050 is what you need. I don't know what kind of weatherstripping your windows use. I would need to know the exact dimensions of your existing weatherstripping. I would also need to see a few pictures of what you have removed from the window. You can see the video below to see what kind of information we need, exactly.
In the meantime, how do the dimensions and style of the 58-001 and 59-050 match up to your hardware? Do they differ in any way? Check out the dimensions below.
Profile view of 59-050
Dimensions for 58-001 white wool pile
A home owner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
Tim,

Here are the pictures of the parts I need. The black rubber strip on top and the white fuzz on the window frame sides and the silver metal curved piece on the side. I also need some of the lubricant that you and I had discussed.

**if you need more photos of the black strip, let me know and I can email/send them.

Thank you,
Raymond
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A home owner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
Here are some more photos of the parts.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Raymond. Your weatherstripping does look similar to our own, but I still cannot eyeball it. The dimensions are just too specific. You will have to compare the dimensions we show to your samples and use your best judgement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)