SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bug strip

A home owner from California says:
I have an extruded screen door with a Tshaped groove for the bug strip that is 5/16"W x 3/16" deep. It
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you have, exactly. Could I see a few pictures? An illustration would help, as well. Thanks!
A home owner from USA says:
I'm sending you a picture in response to your request in your e-mail of 1/21 at 8:39 AM. I hope you carry this bug flap.
Thank you.
User submitted a photo of bug flap.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Dave. I recommend looking at either our 10-307 or 40-172. Carefully compare the dimensions we show for these sweeps and see how well they match your own.
A home owner from California says:
Thank you for your reply. You suggested a storm door bottom sweep (40-172) and a shower door sweep (10-307. I'm looking for a bug strip to fit into a vertical groove in my extruded screen door which is 72' long (high). Do you have this? Thank you very much.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
While the 40-172 is for a storm door and the 10-307 is for a shower door, if the dimensions match they still may be able to substitute your existing strip. How do the dimensions we show for these two strips compare to your own? If they differ in any way, let us know exactly how and we can try to find a better solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)