SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bypass closet door roller and mounting bracket

A home owner from Irvine CA says:
I am trying to repair my sister's closet doors. I need to lower a mounting bracket on some closet doors. The brackets are mounted to high on the door. They seem stuck on the door and I can't move them easily. How should I remove them and or lower them. The brackets are Roller Mounting Bracket, Square Aluminum, Model # N 6872. The rollers are roller assembly with a 1-1/2" diameter x 5/16" wide nylon concave ball bearing roller. (This replacement assembly has an adjustable aluminum housing bracket with a 'T' shaped extruded boss.)
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
To be honest, I'm not totally sure myself. These parts are very old and not that common. You might need to remove the door from the track and take it apart so that you can remove the old hardware. You may want to contact a local handyperson in the area who is familiar with this kind of door, they may be able to assist you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)