SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bypass door rollers

A home owner from Johnstown, PA says:
Hello Support,

I'm in need of a couple of rollers for my closet doors. They are 1.38" thick solid wood bypass sliding doors. Attached are photos dimensions.

Can you help us out?

John S
User submitted photos of closet door rollers.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, John! Thanks for posting. Could you give me the wheel diameter? That will help us find a replacement. Thanks!
A home owner from Johnstown, PA says:
Hello Support,

The rollers are 3/4" diameter.

Thanks,

John
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thanks John. How about our 23-013? Could this be a possible replacement? Let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Johnstown, PA says:
Hello Tom,

I'm not sure if 1/4" offset will work. From where is the 1/4" offset measured? Here's another picture of the roller attached to the door. Notice the ruler.

What does the different offset amounts do to the door operation?

Thanks,

John
Profile picture of Tom
The offset actually isn't in the wheel, like you indicate. It's how far the roller neck sticks forward. Take a look at the image below to see what I mean.
Alternate view of 23-013

Now, I'm not sure if this will work, as your roller does not appear to have that kind of offset, but this is the closest that we have. Do you think you can get it to install correctly?
A home owner says:
OK, the Item number you suggested,23-013 will work for the inner door, but I need another set of rollers for the outer door, and there is no offset to that roller. Can you recommend a part number for that kind of roller?

Thanks,

John
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, John. Unfortunately, I don't think they make this type of roller without an offset anymore. Would you be able to use our 23-013 for both doors?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)