SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

CARADCO-916

A home owner from Indiana says:
Hi! I need to replace the weatherstrip and seal on all my Caradco 916 casement windows. I have attached two photos of the strip around the sash and two photos of the seal around the frame. Hopefully this is enough information to help you identify the parts I need. I appreciate any help you can give me!
Attached photos
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks an awful lot like our 58-053. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
I agree. Thanks! What about the leaf weather strip that is also pictured. I'm thinking it is either 55-169 or 55-106. What do you think?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I'm sorry. I must have missed those. I agree, the 55-169 and 55-106 look close. You will have to carefully compare the dimensions we show to your own and see which is closer.

55-106
Profile diagram of 55-106
55-169
Profile view of 55-169
I'm not sure if that photo is going to post, but mine has about the same measurement of 55-169 except the total width is 11/16" rather than 3/4". Will that still work even though it is slightly larger than my original? I appreciate all your help!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I agree, I think that might be your best bet. The reason why yours is a little shorter is probably because it was simply worn down with age.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)