SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

CARADCO closer replacement

A home owner from Leawood, KS says:
This window has a CARADCO closer that is not working. When trying to close the window, the cranking action forces the threaded piece to "back out" of its housing. I can't seem to repair it, so I figured I'd replace it. The closer has the number 40372 on it, as well as the word "TRUTH". The longer arm is nearly 11".
I was considering replacing it with your product code: 39-156. What is your opinion?
Thank you.
A customer submitted photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. This appears to be very similar to our 39-156 Caradco window crank. Please check the smaller link arm, however, to see if the dimensions match your original.
A home owner from Leawood, KS says:
Thanks for the opinion, the shorter arm seems to be right at the 3 13/16" length.
I want to get a new crank cover and handle and see they are available in two shades of bronze. Which shade do you think most matches the original, builder's-installed window shade? I can't get a true feeling for which bronze shade is the correct match. Dark bronze may be the closest match?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Caradco often used the dark bronze, so I believe that that may be your best chance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)