SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Cabinet Rollers

A quick learner from Rochester NY says:
Very old cabinets ( I think )_ I need some rollers not being able to afford new cabs at this time. Can you help me out. I have tried making my own using your 32-039 but need to buy a Dremel. Ha.It works ok but closer replacements would be nice. The rollers are 1 in dia and the hole at this point measures .47 in. Both are a bit worn.No stamps or markings that I can see. Helllllllllllllllllllppppp.

please
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
A few different wheels come to mind. The 32-097 is the right size, but the built-in rivet is 1/4" in diameter. We also have the 10-109, but it is 7/8" in diameter. It can be attached to the track with a 33-087 screw, which might make it easy to repair. What do you think of these options?
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul but neither would work. The current wheels run on studs that are welded to the cabinet and eith way I have to drill out the center of any 1" wheel to fit the stud. There is no way to attach screws etc.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The only other thing I can think of is perhaps using a new track set like our 32-057, but I am not sure if that would work, either. I am sorry we cannot offer a better solution. These kind of wheels are not meant to be repaired so options are limited.
A quick learner says:
Thanks I will continue to buy what I have been and drilling them out. The tracks are not replaceable. T he whole drawer runs on 4 rollers. Thanks for you help. There is nothing you can't do with a drill and Dremel.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)