Cabinet drawer sockets

A home owner from Charleston, IL says:
One side of our top cabinet drawer has broke. Need to replace. I order 32-012 but it is 3/8" to 1/2" too long. Also, the back side of the broken piece looks to be glued to cabinet back, not screwed in. Any ideas how to take the old piece off when replacing with new?
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 32-012 is actually the first thing to come to mind. Your original socket is no longer made, and the 32-012 is what we usually recommend. Many customers have used it as a replacement successfully. I'm not sure why it won't work for you. What is the exact opening of the old socket?
A home owner from Charleston, IL says:
The cabinet drawer rail has a notch that keeps it from fitting all the way to the rear of 32-012 (please look at pics I sent with this post), which makes the rail too long on the front end. I tried cutting 32-012 so the rail fits snuggly to the rear, but I will need to get something to better to cut with than what I tried previously.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm also surprised the 32-012 didn't work for you. I actually have the same type of cabinets at my house and I used the 32-012 with no problems. That said, our 32-119 may be the only other possible replacement. I'm afraid we do not have anything closer to your original socket. To remove the back bracket, I used a flat thin putty knife and hammer, slid it between the the base of the bracket and wall, and popped it off. I then used gorilla glue to attach the new bracket.
SWISCO Grass Adapter Drawer Bracket
SWISCO Grass Adapter Drawer Bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.