SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Cabinet hinges

A home owner from Freeland, Pa says:
We are trying to replace Quaker Maid cabinet hinges with a 3/8" offset and 2-1/4" center-to-center screw hole. We find nothing but 2-1/8" centers. Is there any hope? Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we could not find a similar version of the 32-102 with that kind of hole spacing. Are you sure that's the same style you have? Could I see a few pictures of your existing hinge? That might help us find a better match.
A home owner from Freeland, PA says:
I am positive about the spacing of the holes. I have searched and at the time they were new, the hole spacing was standard as 2-1/4". As years change the style of many things, it seems to have also changed "standard" to new measurements. We have found that throughout the process of retaining and restoring our 1956 ranch. I will continue to look but I think a method of filling in the old holes and redrilling will be the answer. Thank you, though, for your time and consideration of our situation. I am still open for anything you may find. We are not at the "put the cabinet doors back on" quite yet! Again, thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)