Caldwell 12 9 22# Channel Balance

A quick learner from Orinda, California says:
The Caldwell Channel balance has the same dimensions and looks very much like your 13" channel balance. It is 9/16" wide (what you say is called 1/2") and it is 5/8" deep, with hemmed channel edges.

The top and bottom stops look just like the picture for your S351-13

None of my windows have the channel stops in them. Not sure why. There are two square holes - one for the channel balance clip - and the other for the stops - I guess. At the top of each window there are track stop things that just pull out easily - they are vinyl windows.

Caldwell 12 9 22#
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Before we can offer an applicable substitute for your channel balance, can you please tell me the weight of your sash?

Can you also confirm that you have a Series 351? The key to this is the bottom shoe; please take a look at our 15-002 and 15-001. Which of these matches the dimensions of your bottom shoe more closely? Keep in mind that although the fraction of an inch difference may not seem like much, it is in fact vital to the operation of your balance. I highly recommend that you get as exact a measurement as you can. If you still aren't sure, you can upload a few pictures of your balance attachments for us to look at.
A handy person from Orinda, CA says:
The window sash that these would go in weighs about 16 lbs. The size of the shoe is the same as 15-001

I have attached some pictures.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. This type of balance will have to be custom made. Please fill out the rest of this Custom Balance Order Form for a 13" Series 390 channel balance with a 1260 stamp. One of our representatives will be in contact with you shortly thereafter.

13" Series 390 with stamp 1260 will carry a window sash weight range of 15 through and including 18 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.