SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caldwell 27 4 LP replacement

A home owner from Temecula, CA says:
Need to confirm the proper replacement channel balance for our non-tilt window. Metal channel measures 28" with fixed shoe and top. The channel is marked "27 4 LP Caldwell"

I believe the shoe is a 15-004 (however the measure is 1 1/32, not the 1 3/32 your detail shows) and the top is a 19-005, but would like you to look at the photos and let me know if this seems correct. If you need me to provide additional measures, please let me know.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A home owner from Temecula, CA says:
Correction, after going back and looking at your options, it may be the shoe is actually a 15-005, as it is closer to 1 inch than 1 3/32. In any case, I do appreciate your help on this.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have just by eyeballing it. It really all comes down to the depth. If the shoe is over 1", but not quite 1-3/32", then it may have been a 15-004 that just wore down with age. This is something to consider when you choose your balance Series. Ultimately, just use your best judgement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)