SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caldwell Channel Balances

A quick learner from Sonoma, Ca says:
Looking to replace 2 sets of channel balances.

28" long

Stampled code 27 500 Caldwell

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I would be more than happy to help you identify this balance. Can you also show me the bottom nylon attachment? Both these photos show the top, but we will need to see the bottom, as well. Thanks!
A quick learner from sonoma, Ca. says:
Tom,

Here are 2 more shots. Let me know if this works.

John
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks, John! See our Series 350 and let me know if this is a good match.
Tom, shoe?

The series 350 looks like its 27".

Mine is 28" on the metal.

Were my last pictures helpful for identifing the
shoe?
Profile picture of Tom
What is your question concerning your shoe? It looks very much like the shoe that comes with the Series 350 (our 15-001). If you aren't sure, I recommend confirming the dimensions we show for the 15-001 to yours. The most vital dimension is the heel-to-toe measurement. Keep in mind some of your dimensions may be slightly different due to wear and age.

I'm also not sure what you mean when you say the Series 350 looks like it's 27". We carry many lengths for the Series 350, including 28".
Tom,

I went ahead and ordered the part you suggested. It was an exact match in appearance. Unfortunately, the tension is very weak. The window just falls down when opened. It should stay open at what ever level you open it too. I ordered 2 sets and had to use 1 because my old one broke. What I would like to do is return the one set that is unused along with my old hardware. Please take a look at the old one and tell me which item I should have ordered then I will reorder.
Profile picture of Tom
It definitely sounds like the option you chose is too weak. What did you choose? With a stamp like what you have, 2750 would have been the best. This can support a sash weight of 26 through 30 pounds. We have a chart on the S350-28 store page that shows each option and how much weight they can carry. Did you make sure to look at that chart before you chose your option?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)