Caldwell JN 36-4 Cannel balance

A quick learner from Charlotte, NC says:
Block and tackle 36-4 Caldwell JN 36-4 channel balance. Sash weight estimate is 15-20# single hung no tilt window.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please see our S380-37 channel balance, I think this may be what you need. I would also recommend the 3640 option, but you may want to get the exact weight of your sash just to be sure.
Followup. The guy that worked on my window last time said that I need c or d balance and that should be good for the sash in question. I do not have a scale to weigh the sash. Any thoughts. do you know what he means by c or d? I see that the second option you mentioned should be good for 20# sash.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Some older balance manufacturers used letters to help denote the strength of the spring. We happen to use numbers, instead. Some letters and numbers can be cross-referenced, but I'm not exactly sure what your installer means. Simply "C" or "D" isn't enough.

Your old stamp, 36-4, usually corresponds to our 3640 option. This could be matched to an older "36D" option, which may be what your installer means. The 3640 can carry a sash weight of 23 through 30 pounds.
Thanks for your help and patience on this. I'm sure you are correct about the c and d. I will be ordering soon but will be waiting after home inspection on Saturday to see if we will need more than one set. Thanks again.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.