SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caldwell channel balances

A quick learner from Glenshaw,PA says:
I am looking at a channel balance with 36 4 CALDWELL BM written on the balance. I need a price for a 37" balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

We have many channel balances. In order to make sure you're ordering the correct one, we will have to identify your balance Series. Submit a few photos of your channel balance, in particular the balance attachments, so we can take a look. Be sure to include any markings you may find on the balance along with your submission.
I was looking to order 3 sizes of channel balances. I do not know what the options mean?
Such as an S380-31 series has option 3010, 3020, 3030 and 3040. What do the options mean?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The stamps represent the sash support weight. Please submit photos of your channel balance attachments to determine your balance Series. We can then help you determine the correct balance stamp.
A quick learner from Glenshaw,Pa says:
I would like to order 14 balances for windows. The series is the S380. I need 2 28" balances, 8 of the 31" balances and 4 of the 37" balances.
The problem I am having is once I get to ordering the balances, I am asked for options. I am enclosing pictures of the windows. Could you reconfirm the S380 is the right product as you see it. Thanks for your help.

Barb

p.s. add'l pics in next message

This is another attachment to an email I just sent. These are pictures of the balances and the other pictures are of the window itself. I need help in choosing the options that are available for each size balance. Thank you for your patience.

Barb
User submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Barb, we will need the stamps and markings on each of the different balances. Also, please submit the weight of each window sash. Are you sure the balance attachments are the same for each balance on each window? When considering the balance length, lease be sure you're measuring the length of the channel portion of the balance only, do not include the attachments.
Hi Mike,
In response to your last post. I weighed the balances I would like to order.

The 31" balance does not have any markings but weighs .329kg or 11 and 1/2 ounces

The 37" balance has a marking 36.4 CALDWELL BM and weighs .489kg or l.078 lbs

I am looking to order what looks to be the S380-31 balance and there are 4 options to choose from. The 37" balance is not even listed and the 28" balance has 4 option also.
If you could help me to determine what to order I would appreciate it!
Thanks again for you time.
Barb
Profile picture of Mike
Hi Barb,

I just added S380-37 to our online catalog. You would need the option 3640 for your channel balance stamp 36.4 CALDWELL BM.

Unfortunately, I do not need the weight of the balance - I need the weight of the window sash. Remove the window sash from the window frame and weigh it on a scale such as a simple bathroom scale (sorry I was not very clear in my earlier response). Once I receive the weight of the sash I will be able to tell you which option you will need to choose for the S380-31.

Is there a stamp on one of the existing 28" balances? If not, I will also need the weight of the window sash for that size balance.
Mike,
From your last response, I assume you not need the window weight since we provided you with the 3640 stamp from our balance.

I believe the stamp on the 31" balance is 3040 and the stamp on the 28" is 2740. If this is the case, is that all the information you need?

Thanks again,
Barb
Profile picture of Mike
Yes, the stamp gives us all the information we need to know to determine which strength option you need for your replacement balances. Here is what you need to order...
  • For the 28" balance order S380-28 with the option 2740
  • For the 31" balance order S380-31 with the option 3040
  • For the 37" balance order S380-37 with the option 2640
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)