SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Cams for 15-177 breaking

A home owner from Brunswick, Ohio says:
The white metal cams in my part 15-177 are always breaking. Is there a replacement part with a plastic cam that I can use in place of it.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have a version of the 15-177 with plastic cams. To be honest, I don't think a plastic cam would be more durable than a metal cam.

What is happening when the cams break? Does it happen when you tilt the window in? If so, make sure to open the window a few inches before you tilt it in. I have heard of cams or pivot bars breaking if the window is tilted in while fully closed.
A home owner from Brunswick, Ohio says:
Thanks for the quick reply. The cams are not breaking when tilting in the window. I believe the pot metal that the cams are made of is to brittle. I don't have hardly a window that one side or both sides have cracked cams just from normal opening and closing of the window. I guess I will just be ordering the usual replacements. But I will keep your advice in mind. Thanks again.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)