Can 40-165 be used for anderson

A home owner from baltimore md says:
I need to replace 2 of my storm door pins for a anderson can this item be used 40-165 is the item code. Also what is the quantity.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if the 40-165 would fit, honestly. You would have to check the dimensions we show for this kit to your pins. The 40-165 are of a generic type and not specifically made to fit Andersen doors. If you want, you can send us a photo of your sample pin with dimensions for us to identify a replacement.
A home owner from Baltimore, MD says:
Here are some photos.
User submitted photos of a hinge.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I'm still not sure if the 40-165 is an exact fit for your storm door. This is a generic part that fits a majority of storm doors. You would need to remove the pins from your hinge to match them up.
A handy person from Cranberry Twp, PA says:
My storm door looks the same as yours. Did the 40-165 fit?

Thanks! It would be nice to not pay $250 for another door right now...

Phil
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.