SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Can I replace my half screen with a full window FlexScreen?

A handy person from New Jersey says:
I have vinyl windows at my house down the shore that only have half screens. Could I use a full screen FlexScreen to replace the half screen or do I need to stay with the half screen?
Photo of the window with the half screen.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

From your picture it looks like you have a double hung vinyl window. If you have a double hung window and not a single hung window, then yes, a full window FlexScreen will work. To make sure you have a double hung window, check to see if both the upper and bottom window sash are able to slide in the window frame. If you are not able to lower your upper window sash, then you have a single hung window.

Take a look at our FlexScreen ordering guide. This guide will help you measure your double hung window for a full window FlexScreen. Let me know if you have any further questions about FlexScreen.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Thank you. Yes, I understand that I have a double hung window. I wasn't sure if I needed anything special to replace my half screen with a full screen. Now that I've gone through the guide, I understand I can do so
A handy person from New Jersey says:
My new FlexScreen arrived yesterday. Super easy to install and looks great. Thank you so much!
Photo my window with the new full FlexScreen installed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)