SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Can you identify this, and is this part necessary?

A quick learner from Cedar Hill, TX says:
On one of my windows this part is broken. Here are pictures of an intact one from a working window. I'm not sure what this part is, and I can't find one on your website. It is on the lower part of the window itself, whereas a top sash guide would be at the top. There are no markings anywhere on it. I don't know for sure what brand my windows are, but I think they may be Alenco, since the other parts I've replaced have been referenced on your site as being for Alenco windows.

Do you carry this part or something I can substitute for it? Your website is wonderful; I've found all the parts I've needed so far for my window repairs. I'm hoping you have this part as well!
A customer submitted photo of a clip.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, I looked everywhere in our catalog and I couldn't really find anything close to this strange part. I think it might be a face guide, though I can't really be certain. Please take a look at our 67-002, Screw-On Face Guide.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)