Can you use this for a 1 1/8 wooden storm door?

A home owner from Virginia says:
I have a new wooden storm door that is 1 1/8 thick. I wanted something more substantial than the mortise screen door lock set but less involved and expensive than the complete mortise lock set. Would this work? I have plenty of space where I want to mount it.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Our 40-188 is designed for a 1" thick door. I took one out of inventory to look over and I think you might be able to sneak in that extra 1/8", but you will need to go to a hardware store in your area to have them supply you with longer mounting screws. We also carry the 40-131, which can be used for doors up to 2-1/4" thick. Take note however that the 40-131 has a surface mounted lock, not a mortise lock like the 40-188. Look them both over and see what you think.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.