SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Cant identify window manufacturer

A home owner from Manteo NC says:
I am unable to identify the manufacturer of my home's window. I have a lower sash that is rotted out and need a replacement. I have contacted MW and all of their windows have two grooves at the bottom to lift the window (my window has a single groove). I contacted Jen Weld and they thought it was their window under the Winco name. I eventually sent these pictures to them and it is not their hardware. The only marking I can find is "A03991X27C1" stamped on the spacer. I have checked several windows in our home and can't find identifiers or tags on the frame or sashes
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 20-016 pin and the 90-035 lock and see if they match up to your hardware.
A home owner from Manteo NC says:
Hello Dave,

The measurements of 90-035 are spot on with mine!

However, the measurements of 20-016 don't match up. My pin appears to be nailed in with two clears on each side. 7-16" wide, 1-7/16" long, pin is 1/2". Thanks in advance for all your help.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Take a look at our 26-355. This pivot pin is 1/2" wide by 1-3/8" long, and the pin extends 1/2". Please review and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Manteo, NC says:
In reference to the sash pin: the measurements are right on other than the end of the in. Yours flares out at the end to 1/4" but mine has no flare and the diameter of the pin is just shy o 3/16". The shoulder of the nails on the base is at 5/8".

I am sending you several more pictures of the sash pin and the sash track.

I should mention that we believe the windows are from around 1990 as this is the approximate time the home was built.

Thanks for all your help!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not have a closer match for your pin. Would you be able to adapt the 20-016 to work in the window? It installs using just one screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)