SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Capital window coil window balancers

A quick learner from Pottstown, Pa says:
Hello I work for an apartment community as the maintenance supervisor. My local supplier for window balancers no longer carries window replacement parts. They pointed me to your company as they ordered my parts through your company.

I need window balancers for capital windows. I think they are 8 pound balancers as that is the number on the metal coil. I looked at your website and I found it difficult to locate the exact part for my coil as they arent pieced together but individually sold. I have a picture that I have taken of my complete coil.

I hope you can match this up and that I could place an order soon Thanks, Steve.
A customer submitted photo of a coil balance system.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Steve, and thanks for posting! I think I recognize this system. First, please take a look at our 15-180 Coil Balance Shoe. This looks very similar to your own. You should also look at the 15-186 Coil Balance Clip. Now, these are used with our Series 190 coil balance. In your case, I would look at our S190-832 spring. Do these look to be about right? Let me know what you think!
A quick learner from Pottstown, pa says:
Those parts look correct. I do need one more part though. Its the circular piece that has the square slot that the window slides in to. Its the very bottom part of the balancer in my picture. Thanks. Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's what's known as a pivot shoe cam. These are not available separately; you'd have to purchase the 15-180 coil balance shoe.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)