SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caradco 12 sliding patio door rollers.

A home owner from Yardley, PA 19067 says:
My Caradco 12 sliding patio door does not roll. I tried adjusting the rollers but I do not know whether to turn the adjusting screw clockwise or counterclockwise. I had minor success. Perhaps I need new rollers. The sliding doors are 22 years old. Do you suggest I replace the rollers or simply replace the sliding glass doors. Do you have rollers for my doors or should I purchase generic rollers at Home Depot?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Normally, you would turn the adjustment screw clockwise to raise the door rollers. Try using a chisel, flat bar, or have some one lift up on the door to take the weight off. That would make the adjustment easier.

As for a possible replacement, it's impossible to say for sure at this point. Take a look at our 81-018 to start. Caradco used these in their doors, but you would need to remove your existing roller and compare them to confirm. If your doors, hardware and glass are in good shape then I would suggest just replacing the rollers.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)