SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caradco C100 balance

A home owner from Bethlehem, PA says:
I would like to try to get a pair of Caradco C100 spring balances, with a red identified spring, 15-1/2" long (the length of the outer tube).
Can you give me a quote for these?
Picture of what I have is attached.
What outer color would your balance be? Is it paintable?
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
Thank you for posting with a photo. Yes, we can supply a replacement Caradco wood window balance. The tube cover color is white; I would not recommend painting the balance.
I will email you a custom ordering link.
A home owner from Torrington,CT says:
I am looking for Coradco C 100 window balance replacements. I have need for many of these for three different size D H windows that were new in 1974. Can you help me with either a catalog or email listing of size options, pricing, and availability. I am a custom wood product manufacturer and homeowner. Thank you, James
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, James! These balances are currently custom ordered. However, before I can send you a link, I will need just a bit more information.

First, can you please tell us the length of your tube in inches? We only need the tube's length, not the length for the whole balance.

We will also need to know the color on the spring.

Thank you for your cooperation.
A contractor from Illinois says:
Need about 10-15 Caradco C-100 parts.
grey color, 4 different sizes
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for posting! Can you tell me exactly which sizes you need?
A contractor from Illinois says:
Need a price for 9 Coradco C-100 units, grey,30 1/2".
Profile picture of Donna
Thank you for getting back to us with the needed information. I will email you a custom balance ordering link shortly.
A home owner from Bethlehem, PA says:
I am the homeowner at the top of the post. I would like to purchase more Caradco C100 balancers, 15-1/2" tube, red marked springs. Can you give me a price for 4 and 8 of them?
Profile picture of Donna
Hello,
We would be happy to quote!

I will email you a custom balance ordering link shortly.
A handy person from Allentown, PA says:
How do I determine the spring color that should be used on a Caradco C100 balance? I cannot determine the color of the spring on the existing balances. Does color code relate to a spring force or window weight?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the spring color determines the strength of the spring. You will need to pull out the bottom plastic fitting and look at the tip of the spring. It should be painted a certain color.
A contractor from Edwardsburg, Michigan says:
I need a price for c100 caradco balances. 15 1/2" tall with red springs.
Thanks
Dan R
Profile picture of Donna
Hi Dan,
I will email you a custom balance ordering link shortly!
A quick learner from New York says:
I'm looking for white Caradco c100 balances in three different sizes.
Profile picture of Tom
Sure, we can help out. Please give me the length of the tube (not including fittings). I will also need you to tell me the color of the spring.
A quick learner from Rising Sun, MD says:
I have several old Caradco C100 windows and many need new spring balances. But to start can we get a quote on a tube that is 23 3/4" and is grey. I would need 2.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Actually, we determined before that there is no grey color. You will have to pull down the bottom fitting of the balance to see what color they painted on the spring. Let me know, and make sure to check both balances if the color has worn off!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)