SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caradco Window Crank 9 1/2" 39-156 too short

A home owner from Los Altos says:
I ordered this crank before and it had to be altered (at a machine shop) because the part that measures 3 13/16" is the wrong size for my window to work. The existing (broken) crank for that part measures 4 3/8" in length. The windows date from 1996. Is there a way to change this at your end? The 9 1/2" arm is the right size.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Have you seen our 39-032 & 39-031 EntryGard Dual Arm Operators? I think these may be what you're looking for. Take a look and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Los Altos says:
please see Tom's answer on Oct.30, 2012. I have the some problem and have already tried 39-155/6. The long arm on my existing crank is 9 1/2" and which looks like it only works for the 155/6. I don't see a difference in "entrygard dual arm" and "window crank". My replacement order was for 39-156 and it says "EntryGard" on it. The only problem is that the short arm I need should be 3 13/16 (or close to 3 3/4") and the 39/156 is 4 3/8". How can the 39-032/031 work? As a reminder, my windows are Caradco.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. In your original post, you said that your existing crank has a short arm that measures 4-3/8". The 39-032 & 39-031 have short arm lengths of 4-7/16", which is fairly close, so I thought that perhaps these are what you needed.

If the short arm on your original operator is instead 3-13/16", then the 39-155 & 39-156 would be the closest matches that we have. Their short arm lengths are 3-15/16", but that is longer than your original operator. You said that it was too short.

There seems to be a conflict of information. What is the length of the short-arm on your your original operator? Is it closer to the short-arm on the 39-155, or the 39-031?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)