Caradco Window Cranks

A home owner from Denver says:
We have two windows that have window cranks that appear to be striped and therefore the window does not close tight. If we could find the right replacement parts we could get someone here local to install. The house is going on the market for sale and need some assistance soon.

Thank you, Linda
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! I think we can help, but we will need a bit more information. I can see your cover, which resembles our 39-107, and your handle, which resembles our 39-114L, but these specific parts don't appear to be damaged. Based on what you described, it's your operator underneath these parts that needs replacing.

If you can, please open the window as wide as it can go. Then, remove the handle and pop off the cover. This will allow you to see the exposed base of the operator and the arms that physically push the window open. If you can, take a picture of these details for us to see.

Please also watch the video below. This should give you a better sense of what we need to see.
A handy person from Denver says:
I'm am sending along the photos requested.
I am unable to open the window, so this is the best I can do. Thank you.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
A quick learner from Denver says:
Here's a picture of the crank arm. This is a window that will open .... not the actual window that needs to be repaired. I t is the same size, just opposite.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect! Please see our 39-036 and 39-035 Truth operators.
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.