Caradco Window crank we ordered is the wrong part

A home owner from NC says:
Order from our realtor, has 2 problems. [1] we received R/H (right hand) units when they should have been L/H. [2] the parts are not be compatible with our 38 year old windows anyway.The housing of the pieces you send us it 4 inches wide and we need 5 inched. We also need the crank in the middle of the housing, not to 1 side or the other. See the picture I've attached. It shows that the width is too short to replace what I already have installed. Can you help us? We are selling our house and our buyers have requests that we fix these cranks before closing.
Caradco crank
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm pretty sure we can help, but we will need to see a picture of the complete operator in order to identify a match. That will require you to either remove it from the window, or just to open the window as wide as it can go and show us as much of the mechanism as possible.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.