SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caradco operator

A home owner from Lincoln says:
My Caradco window will let me open it, but doesn't work to crank it shut. The number on the crank operator is 20755. Does that give you enough information to identify the part or parts I need?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we'll need more information. If you want to replace your crank, we'll need to see pictures of it removed from the window. If that's not possible, we would at least need to see it with the window open so that we can see as much the mechanism as possible.

Before you do all that, though, there are a few things I'd like you to try. First, disconnect the operator from the sash and try to open and close the window manually. If it works fine, then the operator will need to be replaced, yes. However, you may find that it still binds, in which case the operator is totally fine. Check the tracks and hinge for any debris or obstructions.
A quick learner from Lincoln, Nebraska says:
These are pictures of my Graco window crank.
Hope this enough information to tell what I need to order.
Shirley P
User submitted photos of a window operator.
SealRite 20755 EntryGard TRUTH
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. Based on these pictures, I recommend our 39-156 and 39-155 casement window operators. Just make sure that the dimensions match up to your own measurements.
A home owner from Lincoln, NE says:
You recommended 39-156 and 39-155. Do I need to order both of these for each window that is not working?
Profile picture of Tom
You only need to replace the operators that are damaged. If you have some that are still in working condition there is no reason to replace them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)