SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caradco window cranks

A quick learner says:
Hello, I cannot seem to locate the attached window cranks. These cranks go to a dual pane Caradco window (each pane measures 15.5" in width) I need to purchase both left and right cranks as they are both broken. The cranks are stamped Truth and the (A)arm is stamped #20544 and is 4-3/8" in length end to end. The (B) arm is stamped #30637 on the right hand window and 30638 for the left window they measure approx 3.5" inches in length. The bottom arm that stays stationary measures 5.5" Is there a replacement part available? and if not can you possibly tell me where I might find one? Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated

Kind Regards,
Joyce L.
User submitted photo of their Caradco window crank.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look on the web site at 39-031 & 39-032 operators. Also, look at the hinge 36-013-10 if you need to replace that.
A home owner from Templeton, MA says:
If you look at the pics I sent vs. the diagram of 39-031 I'm not quite sure I understand where the third arm that measure s 10.5" from the center comes into play I don't see that arm on my unit in my pictures? not to mention the entire width of my window is only 15" total? are you certain this is the correct replacement part based on the info I have provided? or do you require additional information?
Profile picture of Dave
Yes, it was hard to see with the operator still in the window but after further examination of your photos it looks like the 39-035 and 39-036 operators. Take note the one arm looks a little different.
A home owner from Templeton, MA says:
Hi Dave,

You are correct 39-035 & 39-036 are more similar to my window operator, but unfortunately there is a difference in the dimension on the "A" arm your part# 39-035 specs the dimension at 3-15/16 where as the "A" arm dimension on mine is 4". The cranks you have suggested may work as a replacement with the exception that the window will not open as wide. I will research this matter a little further before I decide whether to try the 39-035 & 036 to see if they work or just purchase a replacement window,and this time WITHOUT CRANKS thank you so much for your assistance!
Profile picture of Dave
Your are correct. I checked the new style with the older style and there is a 1/16" difference. However, I do not think it will cause a problem.

Your existing crank handle and cover should work on the newer style also.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)