SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement operator L30841

A quick learner from Beech Mountain, NC says:
I have three window operators that need replacement and, while the 39-155 and 39-156 appear to be close, they are not exact in appearance or measurement. I have attached photos of my operator. The measurements for this operator (in using your diagram for 39-156 as a guide) are as follows:

From center hole to end of long arm: 10 7/8"
Short arm from end to end: 4 1/2"
Angled center arm (though you have no measurement on diagram): 3 1/4" from/to center of rivets.

See pictures attached. I hope you can help me replace these operators.
A customer submitted photo of a window operator.

L30841
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Have you seen our 39-032 and 39-031? Do you think these match your dimensions a little closer?
A quick learner says:
The dimensions are closer for the arms but there is only one gear housing next to the crank shaft and mine has one on each side. I don't know if this makes a difference, since there is no gear under one of them.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If there is no gear under one of them, then I do not think it would make any difference. The empty gear housing probably only exists on both sides for ease of manufacturing; rather than making two kinds of operators with one housing on either side, they could just make one operator with both housings to cover the gear as necessary.
A home owner from Tewksbury, MA says:
Hi,

I have a casement window that won't open because the gears in the crank are stripped. I was able to find the model number on the part, Truth Entry Gard L30841 and 20310. I'm looking for a replacement and I was hoping you would have one. I've attached a few images. Thank you very much, I look forward to hearing from you.
User submitted photos of a window crank.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon. Thank you for posting in our Discussion Board. I have placed you into an existing thread concerning the L30841. As Paul suggested above, please look at our 39-031 & 39-032 operators and see if they match up with your own hardware. Let me know!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)