SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caradco window parts

A home owner from USA says:
Hello, I have a 80's caradco casement window on which I replaced the window sash. Somehow the little plastic pieces that guide on the top and bottom broke at disassembly. I don't see these anywhere on your site, can you help please. Thank you,

Christa
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Christa. I would be happy to help you identify this hardware. Could I see a few pictures of the plastic pieces in question? I would like to see one with as little damage as possible. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
Unfortunately they were thrown away already. They were about an inch long with two holes. I believe they had some sort of lip on the end.
Profile picture of Tom
It would be very hard for us to find a replacement without seeing the originals. What you've described sounds like a lot of different parts. Is there an identical window elsewhere in the house that may have the same hardware?
A quick learner says:
Please see attached pic. Please let me know if you can not open. I'm talking about the black piece showing one hole in the corner. The window sort of rides on that, there is one on top and on bottom. Thank you for your patience, Christa
A quick learner from Louisville KY says:
Here is a better picture of the part I need. Thank you, Christa
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. Looks like you're looking for the hinge slide. Unfortunately, these slides are not available on their own. That said, check out our 36-013-10 and see if this looks like a good replacement for the hinge itself.
A quick learner from Louisville says:
Hello Tom, Could you take a look at this photo and tell me if this is part of the hinge slide. I found the broken pieces in the trash.
Thank you again, Christa
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Christa. Yes, it looks very similar to the plastic slides found on casement window hinges. I believe you will have to replace the whole hinge.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)