SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caradco windows come off their track

A home owner from Morristown, NJ says:
Looking for help regarding Caradco windows. The house we bought was built in the late 80s and all windows seem to be Caradco. The problem we are experiencing on some, but not all, is when you open the window it comes off the track that seems to be attached to bottom side of window. Only way to fix is have one person on outside guide it back in while inside person turns crank. This becomes tricky when the window is on the second floor! The windows withstood a tough winter and we'd prefer not to replace all of them at this point. Is there an alternative solution? Can we purchase new parts? If so, how do I know what to order and size etc.? Is there a specific way I need to measure? All I can see on the window above kitchen sink is Caradco 10/87. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:

With out photos it is hard for me to suggest the correct parts. However, we do have Caradco casement window parts.

Take a look at operators 39-013, 39-014, 39-028, 39-155, 39-156. It also could be that your hinges are worn, see 36-013-10. We also carry the window track 39-505.

Go onto the web site and try to match up parts to your samples or submit some photos of your window's hardware so that I can see exactly what you have.

A quick learner from Morristown NJ says:
Attached are some photos of the window above our kitchen sink. I'll check out your suggested parts, but please let me know if these pictures give you an additional insights.
User submitted photo of caradco window operator and handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the parts I have mentioned look to be good. It looks like you may have the longer operators, the 39-013 and 39-014 13 1/2" Casement Window Operators.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)