Carefree Vinyl Window - Pivot Bar

A quick learner from Savannah, GA says:
I am trying to locate pivot bars for a vinyl window that tilts inward. The sash locks have the "Carefree" wording on them. Do you carry this replacement part?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I know of Carefree windows, but I cannot remember the pivot bar they used. If possible, reply with a picture of your existing pivot bar.
A home owner from Hiram OHIO says:
Paul SR.

This pivot bar is from a "CARE FREE" vinyl single hung installed on a 1998 SKYLINE manufactured home. The other photos may provide more information on the window manufacturer.

CFA WINDOW GROUP
SPECT: 58 PSF
LICENSE # C-030-1

I would like to purchase 6 pivot bars of this style.

Thanks,

Bill
User submitted photo of window lock, pivot bar and sash guide, Care Free.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Bill, the Swisco 26-021 pivot bar may work. Please take a look and check the measurements from the other end to the hole you attach the screw to.
A handy person from Wisconsin says:
Carefree windows. I thought Phillips took them over but Reliant did. Just looking for a replacement. About 2 1/4" long 1/4" wide 1/8" thick 2 holes center to center about 1" flat end to the center of the end hole a tad over 3/8"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for getting back to us. I have placed you in this previously existing discussion, which you helpfully supplied. As Paul said above, we do not have an exact replacement for this pivot bar. However, he believes that our 26-021 could act as a possible replacement. Please compare its dimensions to your own hardware and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Baneberry, TN says:
I have a house built in 2001 with single hung vinyl windows. A pivot bar in one has broken and I can't match it up against any on your site.

It's 2 1/2" long with two holes. Like many of yours it's 5/16" x 3/16". Only one hole takes a screw and it seems to measure 1 13/16" in from the end.

The end that engages the shoe is keylike. It has two tabs that face up when you tilt the window out. They're narrow and each stands up 1/8". One is at the very end and it t's out to an end that's 5/16" and curved across the top.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I have placed you in this previously existing discussion concerning this pivot bar. As mentioned above, we do not have an exact replacement for this pivot bar. However, our 26-021 could be a possible replacement. Please compare its dimensions to your own hardware to see if it would work.
A home owner from Missouri says:
I am also needing to replace pivot bars in a 1998 Skyline with Care Free windows. Just wondering if the 26-021 was a satisfactory replacement. Thanks!
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.