SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement Foam Seal Sizes

A landlord from Hagerstown, MD says:
I recently purchase a couple of lengths of 58-163 for the bottom seal on casement windows. However, it was just a little too small.

58-170 has some measurements listed in the details section on "mounting distances" and "reach". Can you provide similar measurements for 58-163, for comparison purposes, and an explaination of what each measurements tells me. I want to be sure the next ones I buy will fit better.

Thanks.

BTW - The bubble seals I also bought (58-053) for the same windows, fit and work great. Never thought I'd find them, until I ran across this website. Thanks for keeping them available.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear that the 58-053 worked so well!

Now, the reach for these weatherseals appear to be their width. For the 58-170, it would be 11/32", while for the 58-163 it would be 5/16". The mounting distance is for the compression which is recommended at 30%, Min. 10% and Max 50%. The mounting distance information is not available for the 58-163.

I hope this helps.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)