Casement Window Lock parts

A home owner from Stoneham, MA says:
In 1984 we replaced all the windows in our house with what I believe to be vinyl clad, wood frame double pane Harvey Windows. A couple of the window latches used to close/lock the windows tightly are broken and need to be replaced. I cannot locate any of the paperwork from our original purchase, so I do not have model #s, serial #s, etc. I have attached a picture of the part I am referring to and wonder if you can help identify the window and replacement part. The brown rectangular piece that frames the latch handle (3"x .75") has broken and fallen out of two of my windows, leaving me unable to lock them.

Can you help?
User submitted photo of window lock handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon and thanks for posting.

Take a look at the 38-036 Casement Lock, it seems like it matches your current lock.

However, we do recommend removing your lock completely so you can get a better look.
I've attached a couple photos of the actual lock. What do you think?
User submitted photo of window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 38-078 White Casement Lock is now available for purchase. Please take a look at it and compare it to your own lock. We believe that it will be the closest match for your hardware.
A professional from Quincy Massachusetts 02170 says:
There have been various post on your product example home owner from Stoneham Mass Oct 11 2011 and although suggestions were made on various products to replace existing hardware, there is little feedback posted as to what works and what does not. I have a harvey window the same as above in white. The suggestion 38-036 may be close but perhaps not a sufficient fit to work as should in my application. Unsure..
Any feedback would be an awesome tool for myself and others in our quest to repair these relics. I myself would not purchase an item unless sure it will work.. been there done that
Thanks
Harold
I took the suggestion 38-036 and purchased it. It does not fit. I continue to search for a replacement part that fits. If you find one, please be sure the share the info. I actually went to Harvey Industries sales office last week with the part in hand, and they were unable to identify an available replacement. Very frustrating as I have a house full of Harvey windows with this problem.
A home owner from Elmont, New York says:
I saw your picture and it has been very helpful! I have the same casement lock as yours and that we too have Harvey Windows! Have you had any lock locating this item? I will also search for the replacement parts.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.